The 2nd Crypto Asset Lab Conference
October 27, 2020
The conference program is available at the dedicated page
Venue and Attendance
The Conference will be held online in web streaming.
Attending the conference is free.
Registration and ticketing on eventbrite’s conference page
Theme and Topics
The conference focuses on all aspects of bitcoin and crypto assets, with a special interest in investment, banking, finance, monetary economics, and regulation.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Cryptocurrency adoption and transition dynamics
- Relation of cryptocurrencies to other payment systems
- Digital cash and payment systems
- The Bitcoin protocol and extensions
- Proof-of-work, -stake, -burn
- Applications using or built on top of Bitcoin
- Distributed consensus protocols
- Permissioned and permissionless distributed ledgers
- Blockchain and cryptography applications
- Scriptural money
- Economics and/or game theoretic analysis of cryptocurrency protocols
- Economic and monetary aspects of cryptocurrencies
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Legal, ethical, and societal aspects of (decentralized) cryptocurrencies
- Security and utility tokens
- Smart contracts and financial instruments
- Forensics and monitoring
Selected high quality papers presented at the conference are invited for submission to the special issue of the Economic Notes (EN) journal on “Special issue on Crypto-assets in finance, law and regulation where do we stand?” and related topics, scheduled for publication in early 2022.
Call for paper is now open.
Contributors wishing to participate in this thematic issue should express their interest and submit their paper by February 2021, using the Journal website and choosing “Special issue paper” option.
Submitted papers are subject to the standard EN review process: to verify consistency with the scope of EN, that is to provide a forum for rigorous theoretical and empirical macro and micro economic and financial analysis of the development, evolutions, and perspectives of crypto assets.
- Program Chairs
- Ferdinando M. Ametrano, Digital Gold Institute and University of Milano-Bicocca
- Paola A. Bongini, University of Milano-Bicocca
- General Chair
- Lucia Mandelli, Digital Gold Institute
- Paolo Mazzocchi, Digital Gold Institute
- Program Committee - Academic Perspective
- Lucia Alessi, DG Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Filippo Annunziata, Bocconi University
- Fabio Bellini, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Luca Fantacci, Bocconi University
- Gianna Figà-Talamanca, University of Perugia
- Gianfranco Forte, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Paolo Giudici, University of Pavia
- Daniele Marazzina, Politecnico di Milano
- Francesca Mattassoglio, University of Milano-Bicocca
- Andrea Perrone, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Marco Petracco, DG Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Antonella Sciarrone Alibrandi, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Program Committee - Business and Technical Perspective
- Riccardo Casatta, Blockstream
- Gregorio De Felice, Intesa Sanpaolo
- Paolo Gianturco, Deloitte Consulting
- Elaine Ou, Global Financial Access